Here we discuss matters pertaining to bacteria, yeast, and moulds, hygiene, shelf life, etc.
- Carcass Sanitising and Primary Washing
- Cooking Temperatures and Dwell Time
- Exudate from Fresh Meat and Bacon – Key Bacteria Food and Possible Formation of White Spots on Dried Bacon/Meat
- Listeria Monocytogenes: Its discovery and naming
- Listeria Monocytogenes: Understanding the enemy and plotting the defences
- Meat Preservatives and Other Formulations From Antiquity
- Potassium Sorbate & Sodium Benzoate
- Preventing and Treating Mildew on Biltong
- The Chemistry of Sulfur Dioxide in Boerewors
- Water Activity and Moisture Sorption Isotherms
This page is part of a series on The Meat Factory. Visit this page for the full list of related discussion documents.
Please contact me for any comments or input.