The home of the history of bacon, ingredients and all technologies related to bacon curing. As always, we deal with the history of its use and the chemistry and mechanics behind its functionality.
- Bacon Curing – a Historical Review
- Bacon Curing Systems: From Antiquity till now
- C & T Harris: The Complete Collection
- Dr. Morgan’s Arterial Injection: The Australian Connection
- Fathers of Meat Curing
- JOANNE GIBSON: ON SOME OF THE ‘INVISIBLE’ PEOPLE OF EARLY CAPE WINE
- Mild Cured Bacon Celebrated!
- Salt in Bacon & the Art of Living
- Saltpeter, Horse Sweat, and Biltong: The origins of our national food.
- Saltpeter: A Concise History and the Discovery of Dr. Ed Polenske
- Tank Curing Came From Ireland
- The English Pig, the Kolbroek and the Kune Kune in Bacon & the Art of Living
- The Mother Brine
- The nitrogen cycle and meat curing
- Westphalia Bacon and Ham & the Empress of Russia’s Brine: Pre-cursers to Mild Cured Bacon
- William and William Harwood Oake
Photo Credit: Crown National