Here is a list of useful links:
– Ancient Meat Curing
– Anti-Microbial Interventions
Antimicrobials in Food. P. Michael Davidson, John N. Sofos, A (Ed)
see chapter 6 on nitrite and nitrite by R Bruce Tompkin.
– Boning Room Design
– Carcass Wash
– Fermented Meat Products
– Functional Ingredients / Organic Acids
From https://www.fsis.usda.gov, a Table of Safe and Suitable Ingredients Meat Industry
– Ingredients in Meat Products
– Iconic Articled
– Labelling Different Cuts and Naming Formulations – USA
– Least Cost Formulations, Ltd.
– Meat Rinses and Carcass Spray
– Meat Spoilage
– Nitrogen vs Amino Acid Profile as an Indicator for Protein Content
Product Brief template: Product Brief Template Aug 2017
Sodium Lactate (Diederick)
– Pig Breeds
– Regulations of Processed Meat Products South Africa
– Recipe Books
Recipe Book by Deli Spices
Steve B’s – Unknown Cook Book
American. Many years ago an American friend, Steve, sent me this old American Recipe Book. The book has been lost and he did not send me the title page to credit the author. Anyone with information on the publication, please send me the details to firstname.lastname@example.org It is one of my most prized and useful possessions!
– Sodium Lactate Diacetate
– Spices and Herbs
From Dr. Francois Mellett, a document listing spices-and-herbs-in-recipes.docx
– Storage of Frozen Meat
– Sodium Bicarbonate
On its antimicrobial action: Antimicrobial Activity of Sodium Bicarbonate
– SA Legal
– Temperatures – the watershed 68 deg C
68 deg C is the pivotal temperature that separates fresh, processed, raw and cooked. All products fall in one of the spheres.
Note: Thanks to Dr. Francois Mellette for the short impromptu lesson at his house on the back porch.
Microbial Transglutaminase and Applications in Food Industry from Microbial Enzyme Technology in Food Applications.